If you want to work with a Chinese family, China Gap can organize it.
China Gap works with reliable partner agencies in China. Along with these agencies we find a great place for you to work. We bring you in contact with our partner agency in China, arrange a visa, airfare and training. Along with our partner agencies, throughout your stay in China, we will provide support for you.
You can live and work in China for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months. All participants must sign up at least 3 months prior to departure for China. Most employers and host families are located in Beijing, Chengdu and Shanghai, but we also have contacts in other parts of China.
From visa application to training. We ensure that you leave carefree
When you register with us, we will always contact you personally. If you need assistance completing the application form, we will gladly assist you. Then we set the process in motion in China, which is as follows:
- We send your registration form and documents to a partner agency in China.
- We arrange a personal meeting between you and our partner office via Skype.
- The partner agency now knows you and your wishes, and they search for the ideal workplace.
- We arrange a personal conversation between you and your prospective employer via Skype.
- If there is a good match, you will receive all the information you need about your employer or host family, including a contract.
- When the contract is signed, you make the fee payable to China Gap. Consisting of:
Program Costs (airfare, training, local support) € 1400, -
Background Check (certificate of good conduct) € 30, -
Visa costs € 72, -
Please note: if you work for 6 to 9 months, your employer will reimburse you for your airfare to China. If you stay for at least 12 months, you will be reimbursed in full for the round-trip airfare and visa fees. You are reimbursed after your stay.
- China Gap arranges and pays for your airfare (with the fees that you have paid).
- China Gap requests a visa for you. We can pick up the visa in The Hague for you, or you can do it yourself to save the costs.
- Before you go to China, we provide you with training and basic instructions.
- When you land in China, our local partner agency or your employer will pick you up from the airport.
- During your first week, we help you arrange a SIM card for your mobile phone, a public transport card, registration for a language course and insurance.
- During your stay, our local partner agency organizes various interesting excursions and outings.
- Throughout your entire stay, you can always come to both China Gap and our partner office for support.